Saturday, May 14, 2016

At the Frissiras Museum, in Athens

A bit of art, why not? We saw a new exhibition "Elle" that pays tribute to the European women painters-- from 1950 on... this was spectacular.  I read in the notes for the show by 67 artists ... did you know that the first comprehensive exhibit (from 1550 to 1950)  of women artists first took place only in 1977, in Brooklyn USA. Have a look:
Homeless, by Kalli Kastori

It is reminiscent of Andy Warhol, but it is called I am losing my senses by Eleni Michailou


Adorable. Larry and I in front of a great painting, Naturlich II (in English: naturally) by Aspasia Krystalia. 

This bit of horror reminds me of the Ghomeshi case-- by Lambrini Boviatsou. Titled:  Anazitisis

This seated woman is by Eleni Moraiti

Larry's favourite: Swimmers by Maria Filopoulous

Not sure: this could be my favourite. A triptych by Paula Rego from Portugal. It's called Jane Eyre getting ready for the ball.

The gallery is in a couple of wonderful old renovated homes, downtown in Athens.  The stairways are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment